Prep: 15 minutes plus standing
Cook/Roast: 23 minutes • Serves: 4
1 cup quinoa
1½ cups cubed eggplant
½ teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1 pound Creekstone Farms® USDA Choice Beef Premium Black Angus Boneless Flat Iron Steak
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 Fresh On The Vine Tomato, chopped
2/3 cup Boar’s Head Hummus
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup Dannon Oikos® Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400°; spray rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. Prepare quinoa as label directs.
2. Spread eggplant on prepared pan; spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with oregano. Roast 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add steak and cook 6 minutes or until browned, turning once. Push eggplant to 1 side of pan; place steak on opposite side.
4. Roast steak and eggplant 7 minutes or until internal temperature of steak reaches 145° for medium-rare (or to desired doneness). Transfer steak to cutting board; cover loosely with aluminum foil and let stand 10 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise 5 to 10° upon standing.)
5. Slice steak against the grain. Divide quinoa into 4 bowls; top with tomato, hummus, cheese, eggplant, steak, yogurt and parsley.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 489 Calories, 22g Fat (6g Saturated), 74mg Cholesterol, 604mg Sodium, 37g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 3g Sugars, 34g Protein